Meet new friends, explore the world of performing arts, make memories for a lifetime
BHP Jr. Camps encourage creativity and exploration while giving students the opportunity to see the world through the diverse lens of the performing arts. Our camps are the perfect choice for families seeking a safe, friendly, and creative camp, combined with dynamic programs designed to meet students wherever they are in their arts journey.
THE CAMP IS SEMI-VIRTUAL. THE MEMORIES ARE REAL!
Although in-person camp is not possible right now due to the pandemic, we still want to have FUN and interact with YOU! Come collaborate with Black Hills Playhouse artists to learn about theatre and make lasting memories---all from the safety of home.
Each camper will receive a welcome package with a laminated Flat Lenny (think Flat Stanley but with the BHP Jr. Buffalo Lenny) and camp supplies through the mail. Campers will join us for daily video challenges and activities for you and Flat Lenny to complete at home. Submit your challenges and gather around the Zoom campfire to reconnect and eat virtual s'mores. The week will end with a Zoom Watch Party to share the week's activities, laughs, and stories with your fellow campers. (This camp is designed for kids in grades 5 -12).
HOW DOES IT WORK?
* Campers receive a Surprise Purple Package in the mail with daily items to use.
* Each day the camper will receive an email with “morning” announcements (recordings filmed at Placerville Camp in the Black Hills)...”chores” included!
* Each camper will be tasked with daily Acting, Movement, & Technical Theatre activities built around the theme of the day. They will be asked to submit pictures or videos to the camp director online where a montage of pictures and videos will be created. Let's see how curious and clever you can be!
* Camp planners will be available during the days to answer any questions you or your camper might have.
*Campers can take part in the Counselor’s Corner activities, Flat Lenny challenges, and all-around camp Shenanigans!
* Campers will join their friends, counselors, and staff at two live Zoom campfires for skits, talent shows, storytelling, and more!
* We will throw a final Zoom Watch Party at the end of the week showing off the campers' creative accomplishments!
Campers need access to the Internet, a computer, cellphone, tablet, or IPad, ideally with the ability to take and upload pictures and videos. *Note to Parents: Activities have been planned with your camper's independence in mind.